Monday, October 11, 2010

OOPS!

I was celebrating Christmas in October yesterday and so missed my usual posting. (Can’t wait to see if anyone noticed.)
My daughter in law gave me a day at the theater and dinner but her life got immediately out of hand. (Should have told her marriage does that to one but figured it was too much the mother-in-law thing to do.) So at last we got around to observing it yesterday. The delay wasn’t her fault, my son’s schedule and mine played a part also.
The play, Meet my Husbands by Fred Carmichael, was a delightful two-act play at Roswell’s Kudzu Theater. Unknown to me, my son had to forgo taking his youngest son to the Braves baseball game to accommodate taking us to the stage performance. He sent him and a friend there instead. If I’d known, I’d have postponed it again but I’m not sure I have that authority.Dinner on the patio of a Greek restaurant followed and the wonderful early Autumn weather was perfect for it. Hadn’t had Musaka (you know: ground beef, eggplant and potatoes with a sauce) in years and it was just as delicious as I remembered it. A lovely Christmas present just in time for Halloween.

No comments: